If you're not the biggest fan of the ever-popular Pumpkin Spice Latte, this is the drink for you! It has maple and cinnamon to give it a distinct fall feel, but still retains that classic coffee flavor. Even if you're one of the many people that live for the day that it becomes pumpkin spice season, give this drink a shot!
We used our Bull City Original blend for this drink, but you can use any of our non-flavored coffees, they'd all be great!
You don't need any special equipment to make this other than a coffee maker. Something to froth milk with would be helpful, but you can totally do that by hand without a tool.
You can brew the coffee however you like it for this recipe - I used the "espresso" setting on my drip machine (which is not a true espresso maker by any means), but you can make it however you like.
- 1/2 cup (4oz.) coffee, brewed however you like
- 0.5-0.75 cups milk, depending on your taste
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, plus more for topping
- Start your coffee brewing however you'd like. While that's going, warm your milk in the microwave until warm (not hot), 30-45 seconds. Don't let the milk start to foam in the microwave, you just want to warm it up.
- Froth your milk. If you have a milk frother, you can use that, but if not, put your milk in something with a lid (a mason jar works great), and shake it for about 15 seconds. This should introduce enough air to get it foamy.
- Pour your coffee into a mug and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon
- Top with the milk, and spoon the foam onto the top of the coffee. Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick, if you'd like.
- Find a fuzzy blanket and enjoy!
The coffee mug shown in this post is from Two Fifteen Pottery on Etsy