I know I’ve mentioned it before in a few other posts, so here is the complete (and EASY) guide to frothing milk at home without any fancy equipment! It’s so easy, and with a little practice can give you that perfect thick foam to top all of your drinks with, giving you that artisan coffee shop feel while in the comfort of your own home!
- Get a container with a tight lid (mason jars work great).
- Fill up to between a third and halfway with milk of your choosing. Make sure you don’t fill more than halfway because the milk needs room to expand as the air gets incorporated.
- Microwave uncovered for about 10-15 seconds at a time until the milk is very warm, butNOT boiling
- Put the lid on tight and shake hard for about 20 seconds, again, being careful not to shake too long, or else you risk separating your milk.
- Add to your favorite drink! Use a spoon to place the thickest foam gently atop your drink.